Well I’ve been sitting here trying to make some sort of macrame project, but I am so weirdly intimidated by it. There is a blank space on this wall in our house and I wanted to add something light and colorful. I received some items from We Make Collective a few months back to create something and I finally put it to good use. This little hanging wall art was super easy.
01. Cut the rope into sections, about 24″ long and loop them on the dowel.
02. Use the tape as guidelines to trim the bottom and cut at an angle.
03. Mix the paint with water so it can be applied to the rope easier.
04. Paint the rope in a downward position, kind of just in a going-for-it way!
05. Before the first color dries, paint another color above it, blending slightly.
06. If you’re rope starts to fray, use little elmer’s glue to twist.
It’s a perfect little accent on my wall, plus it was almost too easy to make, haha. :)