i wanted to make one more summery project, but something that could transition to fall. (yeah, i added pumpkins, that’s my ‘transition.” ha!) these rainbow coasters are super easy and actually look pretty cute with matching bowls for snacks and such.
D I R E C T I O N S
1. measure out the cord, rolling in a circle, to figure out how much you need for each coaster. i used 5′ of cord per coaster. you can secure the ends with some glue so they don’t fray if you’d like.
2. decide how many colors you want to use and make a note how much rope you need to dye per section. i used 6 colors, 10″ per color.
3. the dye powder is very concentrated, so put a little of the powder into a small cup and add water. (i saved the rest!) with a test piece of cord, adjust the dye to the color you want.
4. with gloves on, dip each section in the chosen color for a few seconds. pull out and carefully squeeze out excess dye. i also lightly rubbed each color into the previous one for a better transition.
5. once dry, use a hot glue gun and dab along the circle about every inch or so.
that’s it! i wish i played with the colors more so each coaster was slightly different. these would be great for any sort of party, and with the endless dyes out there, you could for sure make some holiday ones too!
see?! they ARE festive! 😉