latest pins

make it

Threaded Herb Pots

Modern DIY Placemats

Yep, a DIY Breakfast Tray

favorite posts

Join the Mailing List

Colorful Content, TV Show References, DIYs you can do this weekend  - I think we've got the basics covered.

meet the Editor

recent
posts

recent posts

This Art is BANANAS! DIY Banana Sequin Art

July 14, 2016

This Art is BANANAS! DIY Banana Sequin Art
Normally I shy away from shiny things, but when I saw this Lip Sequin Sweatshirt DIY from A Beautiful Mess, I immediately wanted to buy a million sequins and glue them to everything but my cat…I’m sure he would’t be too happy about that. After trying to figure out what to do, I noticed my gallery wall was looking a little empty and what goes with blue? A yellow banana of course!

This Art is BANANAS! DIY Banana Sequin Art

MATERIALS
Card Stock that fits into Frame
Beige Sequin Trim
Yellow Sequin Trim
Scissors
Tacky Glue

Step 1. Draw a banana onto card stock, you can use a template online
Step 2. Starting with the beige sequin trim, glue the trim on the outline of the banana, circling down and back until it’s completely filled in. Cut off the excess trim. I also let it completely dry before starting on the peel.
Step 3. Start on one side of the peel and work around the outline, circling back to fill in the gaps. To make it easier, I cut the trim once each peel was finished. This allowed the peels to keep their shape and not blend together too much.
Step 4. Let dry completely and frame your art! As you can see, I originally used pink card stock, but I didn’t like it with the gold frame. The banana was super easy to cut out and glue to white card stock.

This Art is BANANAS! DIY Banana Sequin Art

This Art is BANANAS! DIY Banana Sequin Art

I definitely wouldn’t mind doing this same technique to a purse or even a hat. How cute would a little sequined cactus be?!

filed under:

like this? share it :

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Chloe

July 15th, 2016 at 12:51 am

Great tutorial! I would love to give this a go!Chloe xx https://cloclocreative.com/

2. Alyson

July 18th, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Thanks, Chloe! I want to do more with different fruits, like a watermelon or soemthing!

3. Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse

July 16th, 2016 at 5:32 pm

I so rarely remember to comment on blogs these days, but I just HAD to tell you how much I love this project! It’s so gleaming – what a great way to add some sparkle to walls. So, SO cute!! Pinned!

4. Alyson

July 18th, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Thank you, Tanya! I’m so glad you like it! 🙂

5. 30 Quick DIY Gift Ideas to make in 30 minutes | Enthralling gumption

December 14th, 2016 at 10:16 pm

[…] vases via Monsters Circus Banana sequin art via Bash Studio Monogram clay keychain via Homey oh my Hanging marble serving board via Sugar and Cloth Macrame […]

6. 20 DIY Sequin Home Decor Projects House Decoration